Wednesday 17 March 2010

Drafting the Digipack

By Kathrine Nielsen:



Above is the initial idea combined by our thoughts and analysis of artists. On the front is the band as a major build up, and I have labelled where the logo, barcode ect. is going and in general made little notes. The front is supposed to be in black and white with golden or red font. The idea from the Hildebrandt brothers of a build up of the characters is going on our front cover, we believe this is a strong idea and it will deffinitely suit the genre. On the back there is going to be a lot of text such as: quotes/reviews from newspapers, a list of content ect. The idea for the back is still a developing process as we are still unsure but on my sketch it shows a close up of Andy Warhol (Owen Lewis) with the Banana painting in the background, but we have also debated having a singular image of Edie Sedwick (Sara Ellis)


Above is a print screen shot of the process of the front cover, I am using corelDRAW13 for this, a program I am very familiar with seeing as I have my A levels in graphics. What I've worked on was trying to fuse together the band with the band members mainly on the right side so the main focus in on the lead singers face. For this draft I did a combination of white, red and yellow styled font but looking at it I do't think it works, red on its own would be much more subtle and would go with the images. This is something I will work on, along with the text in the bottom of the cover, I am thinking of having a border there in either brown or yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment