Monday 11 January 2010

Hair & Make up - our Warhol

By Kathrine Nielsen

The first scene we shot was the one near the end of our video in which Warhol secretly is grieving Edie Sedwicks death in the darkness. So I brought in a fragment of my make up kit - 3 waterbased face/body paints (Green, Red and white) Andy Warhol had a skin condition making it go blotchy for which he always used to cover it up with tonnes of make up (Foundations) Naturally our actor Owen Lewis does not suffer from this so what I did was I prepared a base of a fine - very weak watery, layer of white face paint, applied to his face and neck. After this I gently dotted with a large brush a few brown marks around his mouth, reaching his eyes and on the side of his chin, after this I applied a slightly thicker layer of white, making it much more subtle and creating the effect of 'sore' skin - basically making it look unhealthy. After this, around Owens eyes I applied a fine pink layer and a second layer in which I had mixed some brown in, yet the second layer was right under his eyes making them look sore and swollen - As if he just cried. The pictures show myself working with Owen and were taken mainly by Jasmine, yet there is one in which I asked Jasmine to help me by doing Owens hair (Straightening it) due to time constrictions. The picture showing both me and Jasmine was taken by our teacher Caroline.

Above - Jasmine, Owen and Kat



The final result - Owen Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment